Saturday, September 16, 2006

"I'm back at my first day of school . . . "


I just wanted to let anyone who might be interested know what I've been doing lately-- about three weeks ago (it seems like far longer) I went back to school. I am after a Master's degree this time, and very excited about it. I am going to the University of North Texas, and studying Library Science. I am glad to be back in the classroom after a whole year out, but I don't get much of it since most of my classes will be online. (We're still seeing how that works out.) But that does mean I can live at home, which is nice.

Here is one of the prettier parts of the campus (Denton, Texas)-- it's nice in its own way, but it's nothing to Texas Tech. That's the Administration building there with the tower, and that ugly block thing is the student union. The fountain actually has green-tinted water--very strange . . .

As you can see, the library is also far inferior in architectural style . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you decide to get a Ph.D, then we'll hafta call you DR. Ellen. :P

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer R. said...

Ick, you're right, UNT's library is uglier than ours.

I didn't think that was possible!

1:58 PM

 
Blogger LN said...

Nonsense, Jenny-- I happen to like the Tech library very much. :)

You should see the inside of the UNT library, though, it's even uglier.

They do have some good books though. I already have about 6 checked out. I would've got more, but that's all that would fit in my backpack.

10:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really care that much what a library looks like as long as it has a LOT of good books inside because our hometown library is rather miniscule compared to, for instance, the Lubbock City County Library.

3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home